THREE-DAY TRUFFLE HUNTING TOUR IN ISTRIA THREE-DAY TRUFFLE HUNTING TOUR IN ISTRIA
- Sale 1 000 €
- ID: THREE-DAY TRUFFLE HUNTING TOUR IN ISTRIA
THREE-DAY TRUFFLE HUNTING TOUR IN ISTRIA
THREE-DAY TRUFFLE HUNTING TOUR IN ISTRIA
PRICE FOR TWO PERSONS: from 1 000 €
Transfer from the hotel to the port of seaplane departure
8:00 Seaplane departure to Pula
9:40 Arrival in Pula, transfer to medieval amphitheater - Arena
10:00 Sightseeing tour of the Arena
11:00 Transfer to Motovun
12:00 Arrival in Motovun, walk through the city, view of the medieval defensive fortress
13:30 Lunch at the famous restaurant serving great dishes made from local truffles
15:00 Transfer to Livade
15:15 accommodation in 4-star B&B hotel (2 nights, breakfast included)
- Situated in the refurbished stone Istrian house just next to the restaurant Zigante, these four stars modern rooms are the right choice for every gourmet person who appreciates powerful relaxation that a typical rural Istrian place can offer. All the rooms are air conditioned, and have TV with selected cable programs, mini bar, safe deposit box, free wireless internet access, and free parking.
You can choose between several programs:
1) Truffle seeking demonstration (possible in period from 15.03. till 31.12.)
Duration: 45-60 minutes
Size of the group: 2- 30 persons
Truffle seeking demonstrations are held in a village about one kilometre far from the restaurant Zigante. The demonstration is held in cooperation with one famous truffle family which has been involved in the truffle seeking business for many years.
Since the demonstrations are held in the woods and valleys, we recommend boots and long trousers, and other items (such as mosquito repellens).
2) Truffle seeking ( possible in period from 15.09. till 31.12.)
Duration: cca. 3 hours
Size of the group 1 - 4 persons
Unlike the demonstration, truffle seeking is organised for a smaller groups (1-4 persons). The guests meet at agreed time (early in the morning, at 06:00), and accompanied by a professional truffle-seeker, they go to the wood.
Guests that take part of the truffle seeking, have the right to keep all the truffles found during this time.
Further, if they wish so, the can consume the truffles in our restaurant (with pasta or eggs), for free. Since the truffle seeking are held in the woods and valleys, please bring adequate footwear and clothes (we recommend boots, long sleeves and trousers), and other items (such as mosquito repellens).
3) Truffle tasting (possible in period from 15.03. till 31.12.)
In the restaurant Zigante we can offer you also few tasting menus with black or white truffles, depending on the saison.
4) Cooking class (possible from 15.03. till 15.09.)
Duration: 2-3 hours
Size of the group: 5- 10 persons
Nowadays the truffle holds an irreplaceable position in world gastronomy and the best world restaurants rely on its simplicity and powerful attractiveness in creating their menus. Restaurant Zigante is the first restaurant in Croatia specialised for the Istrian truffle based menu.
We offer you a unique experience - Cooking class with our Chef at the restaurant Zigante!
During the class you will prepare a 4 course menu:
- Sheep cheese mousse with truffles
- Homemade pasta TRIS: (fuži, pljukanci, tagliatelle) with truffle products and fresh black truffles
- Chicken fillet on bed of boletus and truffle sauce
- Ice cream with truffles
You will be served all prepared dishes 4-course menu with truffles including 0,1 l of local wine.
5) Truffle fair „Zigante truffle days 2016“ from 18.09. till 30.10. (every Saturday and Sunday)
In the heart of the Motovun forest, one of the most important areas for harvesting the white truffle in Istria, Zigante Tartufi Days are being held each year. This long manifestation is being held over seven weeks during autumn.
That is expensive tuber that is literally measured in grams of gold like a magnet for visitors, according to local and foreign guests from Slovenia, Italy, Germany, Austria and even distant Japan, who are constant visitors to this unique project.
It was this event celebrated the Livade as a world center of the Istrian white truffles, and turned this place into a single marketplace, only one of its kind in the country. Truffle Fair and Exhibition is an ideal opportunity for exploring and tasting truffles and its presentation.
In addition to the absolute king of Istrian cuisine, here you can find other indigenous products, which in its tradition and quality attract interested tasters and consumers from around the world: wine, olive oil, cheeses, honey, brandy-herb and other traditional Istrian products.
The truffle fair is open from 10 a.m.
8:00 Departure from hotel and transfer to seaplane port
10:00 Flight to Split
INCLUDED IN PRICE:
- Transfer: hotel in Split - seaplane port – hotel in Split
- Ticket for two for seaplane Split-Pula-Split
- Transfer Pula-Motovun-Livade-Pula
- 2 x overnight with breakfast in B & B 4-star hotel in Livade (for 2 persons)
NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE:
- Entrance ticket for the amphitheater „Arena“
- Lunch in Motovun
* Price depends on the selected program (day 2)
Our agency will take you to unique truffles experience in Istra.
This company is the first and only company in Istria and Croatia specialised in preservation, packaging and sales of truffles. The company was founded in 1992 and developed from a 30-year family tradition, i.e. experience in truffle seeking.
In 1999. Mr. Giancarlo Zigante found the biggest truffle in the world, which weighted 1.310 kg and entered the Guinness book of records as the biggest example ever found.
Nowadays, the truffle holds an irreplaceable position in world gastronomy and the best world restaurants rely on its simplicity and powerful attractiveness in creating their menus. But how many of them could boast with the fact that this precious mushroom grows in the untouched nature just outside their courtyard? We will take you to this first restaurant in Croatia specialised in the Istrian truffle based menu.
If you are interested in this tour, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Touristic agency director
Representative in Germany